Flywheel Style Autofacer
The Flywheel Style Autofacer utilises the inertia generated during rapid spindle acceleration to open and close the cutting blade.
Ideal for modern CNC machines with rapid acceleration and deceleration of the spindle.
Cost-effective for low to medium production volumes and where the part thickness varies.
Integral shear pin reduces tool breakage in the event of radial or axial overload.
- Rapid rotation of machine spindle opens cutter
- Simple to set up and program
- Ideally suited where part thickness varies
- Internal coolant from pilot Ø15.62mm
- Cone drives in to top face to positively open cutter
- Cutter locked in position by internal clutch mechanism
- Ideally suited to production on CNC machinery
- Available from Ø6.35mm pilot hole diameters
- Utilises an anti-rotation device to activate the blade during spindle reversal
- Ideally suited to high volume production
- Use on CNC machines and transfer lines
- Spot faces > 2.2 x pilot hole Ø possible