Skive Burnishing Tools
Ecoroll's 'Omega' system combines skiving and roller burnishing for machining hydraulic cylinders and cylinder liners. While the 'Omega' skiving head cuts the cylinder's inner surface to the exact size and form required, the roller head creates a burnished finish.
The simultaneous skiving and burnishing process has almost completely replaced honing as the alternative machining process, since it is more economic and faster.
Complete machining of bores on lathes, by combining skive burnish tools with BTA drill and boring heads, allows rapid production of bores on conventional machinery.
- Combined skive & burnish tools
- Range Ø60mm to Ø400mm
- Feed rates 3 to 6 mm/rev
- Finish tube bores in a single pass
- Tools for OD and ID profile burnishing
- Range of roll forms available
- Metric & imperial shanks
- Ideal for irregular surfaces, including specific contours, fillets and grooves as well as cylindrical and tapered external surfaces.
- Roller burnishing up to 65 HRC and deep rolling
- Increase fatigue strength for internal, external diameters and fillet radii
- Follow complex contours and free-form surfaces
- Range of ball sizes available
- Uses high pressure oil or air