Cone Style Autofacer
Mechanically opened when the cone contacts the machined face of the part or a fixture using the friction drive of the integral cone and clutch mechanism.
The Cone activated Autofacer offers a versatile method for creating back spotfaces, counterbores and chamfers utilising CNC machine tools or special purpose machines.
Tools available from Ø6.35mm (Ø0.250") pilot diameter and are capable of producing features up to 2.2x's the pilot hole diameter.
- Cone drives in to top face to positively open cutter
- Cutter locked in position by internal clutch mechanism
- Ideally suited to production on CNC machinery
- Available from Ø6.35mm pilot hole diameters
- Utilises an anti-rotation device to activate the blade during spindle reversal
- Ideally suited to high volume production
- Use on CNC machines and transfer lines
- Spot faces > 2.2 x pilot hole Ø possible